Hi Friends! We’ve loved seeing you (from a safe distance) enjoying yourself on Cape Hatteras this summer. We’ve put together a little blog post on what we think are the Top 5 Outdoor Activities to participate while on Cape Hatteras. So pack your sunscreen, water bottle, swimsuit, mask, and get ready for some serious fun in the sun!
- Kiteboarding- Cape Hatteras is known as one of the top kiteboarding destinations in the world, as we receive plentiful wind year round. Not to mention, the Pamlico sound’s warm shallow waters is the perfect place for you to learn how to kiteboard with a professional instructor. So if you’re interested in learning how to kiteboard, Cape Hatteras is the spot for you! Ready to get on the water? Check out our friends at Outer Banks Kiting and let their professional instructors get you up and riding through the Pamlico sound!
- Surfing- Summer 2020 has been the Summer of surf on Cape Hatteras! This summer Cape Hatteras has experienced surf breaks up and down the island that have provided fun times for beginners and experts alike. Cape Hatteras is known for its year-round surf as its ever changing sandbars can provide conditions for nearly all levels of surfers. Looking for lessons or surfboard rentals? Go see our friends and neighbors at Hatteras Island Boardsports.
- Kayaking- Cape Hatteras is a kayaker’s dream with the condition options of ocean waves of the Atlantic or the flatter waters of the Pamlico sound. Kayak along Avon’s shore by putting your Kayak in at Cape Hatteras’ famous “Canadian Hole” where parking is plentiful. Have fun and don’t forget your hat and water!
- Horseback Riding- Ride horseback along Cape Hatteras’ beaches while the wind blows through your hair, the sun hits your skin, and you take in the beauty of this island. This experience is not to be missed!
- Hiking- Although Cape Hatteras is not always known for hiking, we actually have a few fun trails that you and your crew will love including: Buxton Woods Trail, Open Ponds Trail, and Hammock HIlls Trail. Check out the National Park Service’s resources for more hiking on Cape Hatteras.
As always we encourage you all to get outside, move, and have fun while you're doing it. Spiral up friends!